Friday, June 03, 2005

Comic Book Legal Defense Fund Takes on Rome, Georgia Case

Via Avedon Carol

Counsel for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund have submitted four motions to dismiss the charges against retailer Gordon Lee, owner of Legends in Rome, GA. Last February, the Fund initiated Lee’s defense against charges resulting from accidentally distributing Alternative Comics #2, a Free Comic Book Day book from 2004, to a minor. The anthology includes the story “The Salon” by Nick Bertozzi, which contains a segment depicting Picasso in the nude. The Fund has already spent in excess of $20,000 defending this case.


Rome is where Kyle and I grew up, and where Kyle once owned a comic-books store.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyle McCullough said...

I must confess to some mixed feelings about this one. Gordon drove me out of business--for which I owe him big time.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I have to say is that when I read the title of the post, I thought it was going to be something about the new Pope, and that I didn't know who Georgia Case was.

Actually, as far as I know, it may well be about that topic after all.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home