Saturday, September 17, 2005

Paranoia Strikes Deep: Voting Machines

Via Avedon Carol's The Sideshow, the Brad Blog reports about an unpublicized flaw in the Diebold voting machines. This flaw was known to both Diebold and the US government prior to the use of those machines in the 2004 elections. From a US "Cyber Alert":

A vulnerability due to an undocumented backdoor account which could [allow] a local or remote authenticated malicious user [to] modify votes.
No workaround or patch available at time of publishing.
(The words in [] are my insertions to make the announcement grammatical)

Another entry for "Rate your liberal paranoia".

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle McCullough said...

Unbelievable. No, really, I'm not sure that I believe it until I follow back to the source. If this is true, then there is no way I will accept Bush as legitimate without a re-vote.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home